FWC announces minimum wage increase
Minimum wages in construction industry modern awards will increase by 2.5 per cent from the first full pay period starting on or after 1 July 2021.
These awards include:
• Building and Construction General On-site Award 2020
• Electrical, Electronic and Communications Contracting Award 2020
• Plumbing and Fire Sprinklers Award 2020
• Joinery and Building Trades Award 2020
• Mobile Crane Hiring Award 2020
Employers should familiarise themselves with the industrial instrument that applies to their workers to ensure employees are being paid correctly.
We are here to help
For help understanding your wages obligations in the building and construction industry, visit our wages and entitlements webpage or call our hotline on 1800 003 338.
Do you think you’re being underpaid?
If you believe you’re being underpaid, we can help.
To reach us:
• call our hotline on 1800 003 338
• contact us online through our online contact form
Australian Building and Construction Commission (ABCC)